Join Our Team and Be a Part of Our SolutionWe are hiring. Are you ready to make a difference?
Senior Data Engineer
Headquartered in the Philippines, Mosaic is on a mission to drive Southeast Asia’s Food and Beverage (F&B) sector into the digital future. With over 1,000 outlets under contract across the Philippines, and other SE Asia locations to follow, we help restaurants and retailers maximize their profits by building up their business through a state-of-the-art restaurant platform, bridging together point-of-sale, purchasing, and data analytics. We are on the brink of expanding our business 20x and we are looking for passionate individuals to help us pioneer the ASEAN F&B tech landscape.
Are you interested in delivering the restaurant of the future? Do you believe that exceptional products are shifting beyond manual reporting to a data-rich experience? Do you thrive knowing that you made a difference to the success of a business? If yes, we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer that will help with the ETL phase (Extract – Transform – Load) data from various POS machines to our very own MySQL database. The analyst should have knowledge in connecting to various database platforms such as MSSQL, Firebird, DBF, MySQL, Sybase, MS Access etc. and extract and transform data to work with our existing database.
In this position, you will:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Document use cases, solutions, and recommendations
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment
Do you have the right ingredients:
- Proven working experience as a data engineer or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience with PHP is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings in terms that clients can understand
- Good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS is a plus
- Strong client relation and communication skills are a must
- Mosaic Solutions is a leading provider of profit optimization solutions designed specifically for the F&B industry. The suite of products includes data analytics, inventory management, point of sale andpurchasing system. Mosaic Solutions, headquartered in the Philippines, offers its products across Asia, and globally on an outsourced or reseller basis.
A Mosaic is comprised of many unique pieces to make one masterpiece. Each member of the Mosaic team brings theirown unique qualities to the role and helps make our company what it is. We want to make a difference in the F&Bindustry. Can you make a difference with us?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.